Water is life! So whatever your goal, whether it be weight loss, muscle gain, more energy, healthier skin, a bigger butt, a smaller waist… water is absolutely essential to achieving these in a healthy way 🙌🏼🙌🏼 here's 8 reasons why:
1. Our bodies are made up of almost 60% water… that's a bloody huge percentage! 😦 And each day our body needs to replace 2.4 litres of water through what we eat and drink. Drink being the primary source, so chose your beverages wisely people! Help your bodies out 💃🏻
2. Working up a sweat is great, but its also our body releasing water and the more water use lose the more strength you will lose hence why its so important to keep well hydrated throughout exercise and of course the same applies when in hot temps ☀
3. Your skin 💁🏼♂ depends on water to stay fresh and moisturised. Dry dull skin and chapped lips are both a great indication that your hydration levels are low.
4. For good digestion & nutrient absorption our bodies require… you guessed it - H20! (Not to get to technical 👩🏼🔬 but...) Carbs & proteins that our bodies use as food are metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream hence why is so important, also water is needed to transport waste through our digestive system.
5. Water is needed for a good flow of oxygen around the body - the more oxygen the body has the more fat will be burnt for energy 🔥 #burnbabyburn 🙌🏼 Plus, increased oxygen = increased energy in general and everyone needs more energy right!?
6. Water can be a miracle cure for many common ailments such as headaches, fatigue, joint pain, and much more... people so easily turn to paracetamols when really their bodies are just lacking good ole' water 💊🚫
7. A great tool for appetite control is to drink a glass of water before eating... studies have shown this can reduce calorie intake which makes sense as if you have 16oz of water taking up space in your stomach you might rethink that double fudge chocolate brownie 🤔
8. If you train hard & regularly you will have most likely experience the unpleasantness caused by lactic acid which usually comes in the form of cramps and 'burning' sensations in the muscles. Well water removes the excess lactic acid along with carbon dioxide from working muscles. Without this process we would be poisoned by our own bodies ☠
So off you go then, go fill them water bottles up and keep smashing those goals 💪🏼🖤